Thursday, April 1, 2010

Promises of scripture


Isaiah 40:31 (New International Version)



 31 but those who hope in the LORD 
       will renew their strength. 
       They will soar on wings like eagles; 
       they will run and not grow weary, 
       they will walk and not be faint.

I have read this scripture many times, heard it quoted many times and always liked it. But to say, I actually grasped what it meant until last week is a different story. As you know ( if you read my blog) a couple of weeks ago, I hit bottom. I just was worn out, overdone and really tired of everything. I had grown weary of the way things are right now. I know God is in control, that things will get better someday and this is only temporary. But to live it, everyday is hard.

 Our pastor talked with me, he prayed with me. A good friend prayed with me and shared some scripture. Then I had a virtual girl's night out with my blog besties. All of the sudden, things started to look up. Then my cousins Brianne and Sarah came to visit. I haven't seen any family besides my parents in two years. So it was huge for them to come and be with us for a few days. They left and spring break has been in full swing. I went and had coffee with a friend this morning, walked with another friend this afternoon. This weekend our good friend Rachel is coming to visit. 

God has lifted me up, he has helped me stand up and walk. I truly understand what that scripture means now. I see how just the minute you feel like you can not go on, God says "you can and you will". Life is good and I am enjoying every minute.