Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Brevity of life

Carrie lost her baby last week, she went for her first appointment and they couldn't find a heartbeat. She was 8 weeks pregnant, the very same time I lost my baby in my second pregnancy. I think it is strange that we both would lose a baby at the same exact time in both of our second pregnancy's. I talked with her for a long time today and shared my heart with her about my loss and told her to let herself feel the loss because I put mine away. She listened and talked back, we ended up talking for over a half hour. I told her I loved her at the end and she just paused and said " Okay, I will talk to you later." maybe someday she will be able to say it back......hard to tell. I thought Blake being born on my anniversary would bring us together but it didn't. Her new fiance even has the same birthday as Conner. Who knows, I remember the promise given to me and trust that someday it will happen.