Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaBloPoMo 2014: Time to Face the Change

Tomorrow is time change but that's not the change I am talking about. This month begins the ninth year of Just Jules as well as my 7th year of NaBloPoMo. Each year, my thought process goes like this, ''Why do I do this blog challenge? There's no point, its really just for me to say I did it...again. I am not going to do it again.'' and then like a moth to the flame........here I am writing a blog.

So it begins, my 7th year of throwing my hat in the  NaBloPoMo ring. Let's see how this goes writing a blog everyday. My friend Melanie gave me a journal for my one year anniversary at work this week and it has some great prompts. Definitely will be using some of those this month.

Now for the ch ch changes ( singing that song in my head)

After years of pondering it and mulling over the switch, this will be my last day ( hopefully...barring me playing computer geek gone awry) on Blogger. Last year, I was editing my blog to add something and messed up my code. This has prevented my readers from reading a large portion of my archives. Archives that hold our story as a family, stories that help others facing trials. I asked on the Google help site for help and it fell on deaf ears.

So I migrated my site to Wordpress, created a cute theme and re-directed my domain to that site....or so I thought. Apparently, I really did a doozy redirecting my domain. So right now you can still see Just Jules in its former glory. Hopefully tomorrow you will see it in its new fashion....I hope and pray. I backed up my site in two places, so I have my blogs but this change was scary enough before I decided to play computer tech.

''It's so easy" I thought to myself and the hosting site made it seem. I have done this for others before...right? WRONG.

So the first day of NaBloPoMo starts with a bang...let's see how this goes.