Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thankful

It was such a great day today and I was able to reflect on things I am thankful for as most of you know I tend to be a complainer and pessimist at times. But I have really been trying to focus on what is good, true, real, noble, praiseworthy these days. During this Thanksgiving holiday I was really missing my Grandma since she taught me most of what I know about cooking Thanksgiving and when reflecting back on this horrible year I tried to see what has been good. So for myself and posterity a list of what I am thankful for:

My Faith
My husband who stands by me and loves me unconditionally and is such a blessing to me.
My two healthy,happy, well behaved, cute kids who love me uncoditionally and bring me joy each day.

That I had 3 wonderful grandparents and got to say goodbye to each and every one of them and be with them and spend time with them before they all passed away.
That I had Grandparents who took the time to teach me stuff
That I had safe places at their homes when my own wasnt so good.
That my relationship with my dad has greatly changed
That I have re-connected with my dad's family and that I got to be there when it mattered most.
That I have close cousins who listen when I need them too.
That I have a home,warm bed,clothes and food.
That my husband has a good job that provides for us so that
I can stay home and teach my children.
I am healthy

One of the biggest ones is that I have been so blessed to have so many really great friendships at all stages of my life. I have old friends, middle of the road friends, friends from jobs, friends who I met when I moved, New friends just so many friends. I have been so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life and I KNOW that I wouldnt have made it through this yr with out all of you in my lives. You have been a shoulder to cry on, a ear to listen and a sounding board for advice. You have prayed and stayed when I have been nuts with grief, sorrow and heartache. As a year comes quickly next month I need to take the time now to say thanks and let you know I am forever grateful and hope I can be there for each and every one of you when you need me.
Thanks