Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Groundhog day

I was so looking forward to 2006. 10 yrs of marriage and turning 30 was a exciting prospect for me. Then before the year even started it turned into a bad year before it began. Ok,with that said life lately has been one day repeating itself over and over. I kept saying it has only been a month since Grandma got sick and it has been three months now. Then I keep saying it has only been a month since she died and it has almost been two. I went to see Grandpa when I got into town last week and he said," I havent seen you in six weeks" I replied, " No, it's only been four" then it hit me he was right. So anyways my mom had surgery last week so I went to good ol' Whittier to take care of her and it went well. Then my dad had to go the hospital because he wasnt feeling well and is probably on his way to heart attack number two. Then Grandpa went back to ICU and then they decided to bring him home on hospice. I know what your thinking... She must be making all this up... I really wish I was and wish this drama weren't reality. I hope I wake up and it has all been a really long dream. With all this vented I must say that I am so fortunate to have had wonderful Grandparents who I spent much time with, the chance to say goodbye to all three of them and to know them well. Before I left to come home, I went to the hospital to see Gramps. I knew, I was going to say goodbye and everytime I say goodbye, it could be forever. He was laying in the hospital bed and looked so peaceful. I went up and ran my hand through his beautiful white hair, he has the most beautiful white hair. He smiled and we chatted for a minute. Brianne made him laugh and was joking with him. As I left, I kissed him on the forehead, told him," Thank you for everything you have done for me." he looked at me, smiled and said, "You're welcome." Authors note* ( he passed away six days after this blog was written, eight weeks to the day that my grandma died.") These truly were my last words to him.