Tuesday, May 29, 2007

in remembrance

I can't let memorial day pass without honoring those I love who served in the armed forces. My Grandparents and parent were proud patriots and raised me to love my country and be thankful for the men and women who serve.

My Grandpa Benjamin Brown- US Army WWII- He drove heavy artillery around and was at the battle of the bulge. He was very proud of his service in the Army and when I took him to the Dr. one day last year before he passed away he told the Dr. "That toe looks like it does ever since I dropped a artillery shell on it." He loved his country

My Grandpa Edwin Davis- was a cook in World War II and was in the Army.

My cousin James R. Stevens-US navy- paid the ultimate price and was killed in the Persian Gulf aboard the USS Stark May 17,1987. He loved the Navy and had just re-upped at the time of his death

Marty's grandpa and grandma were at Pearl harbor and carried that with them to their dying day.

It is important to remember those who served and still serve for our freedom!