Monday, May 21, 2007

Mary,Mary quite contrary how does your garden grow

The garden

My dream growing up was to have a garden a beautiful garden. When engaged to Marty he would promise me someday a garden. We never got around to it until last year. I had tried in the past with no success just nothing. Last year we decided to start a garden and grow mammoth sunflowers. So the kids and I came home from my grandpa's funeral pretty heartbroken and sad. So the next week I decided to plant and asked God to bless our garden with growth and something to remember grandpa by. Almost all of my grandparents came from the state of Kansas and the sunflower is the state flower. Well we planted and got growth and they grew and grew and grew until over 7 ft tall. We got blooms and huge heads on them! Wow, then we de-seeded them and saved the seeds. This year we re-planted the seeds and shock of all shock they grew. We planted many things this year along with the sunflowers, zinnias, morning glories, cornflower, bachelor buttons, poppies, marigolds and 2 kinds of wildflower mix. It is growing well and it is beautiful! I think my neighbors think I am rainman or something though because I just go out and stare at every plant and look at each growth and bud. I just enjoy seeing creation and nature in motion. Check out my pics I take new pictures every thursday and I even took a video too!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket