Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Sarah!

A few months ago, I decided that I will write each cousin a blog for their birthday this year. I decided to start with my cousin Sarah. In our group of 14 cousins she is number four in birth order after myself,Carrie and Brianne. She is my Dad's sister Patty's oldest daughter and one of my best friends in the entire world.

Carrie, Baby Sarah and myself. I think I asked Aunt Patty to name her Cookie Monster.
Growing up Sarah was the quiet, good one. She always was good, never getting into trouble or causing trouble. She was always the quiet one unless we were doing something bad and then she refused to go along with our hair brained ideas. Sarah was and always had been the "good one" of the bunch. She was a excellent student who has met every goal she ever set for herself and beyond.

Right to left, Sarah,Brianne, and Julie on Grandpa's lap. Truly my all time favorite picture.

Sarah has always been there for me. We share a common bond of one of the worst, most scary experiences of our life that only we can really understand together. Growing up, we spent a lot of time together and at one point even lived together. We grew up spending most weekends and weekdays during the summer at our grandparents house. We truly had a unique bond as cousins growing up. We spent almost as much time together as we did with our siblings.

Christmas morning at Sarah's house

As we have grown into adult women, our bond is the strongest it has ever been. She is one of my best friends in the entire world. She has been a sister, friend, aunt and supporter to my family. She is always there for me when I need her and truly one of the best people I know. We can cry together, be each others confidant, supporter, and friend. She has let me cry on her shoulder many times and is usually on of the first people I call in my times of need.

Sarah and I on the day of Rissa's wedding
Marty isn't close to many people and so that is what makes his adoration for Sarah so big. He adores my cousin Sarah and is always asking me about her. They get along so well because they are both quiet people who observe the outside world in a unique way. When Marty was sick, Sarah made many trips to see our family and was truly our saving grace. She brought family to us when we couldn't get to them. We will always be forever grateful for the support she gave us in our time of need. She drove seven hours two ways to bring our kids to us at Stanford!

My kids adore her and she is really the aunt they have never had. She is more than just a cousin to them and they love her dearly.

Left to right; Sarah, Conner, B-Annie, Elizabeth 2010


She is a amazing teacher with a amazing career in a highly specialized field. I can only imagine the huge impact she makes on her students life by teaching them to speak after cochlear implant surgery.  I know she has made a difference in the world.

My hope and prayer for her is that she finds a wonderful, deserving man to share her life with someday. Anyone would be lucky to have her for a wife someday! I know it will happen and I cant wait for that for her.

I could go on and on about Sarah. My life has been blessed by her and I am so thankful to have her in my life. Wishing you the best of birthdays and the best year ever!

After giving Grandma a makeover!




Sarah with Marty and Brianne 2010