Thursday, January 24, 2013

" You Gotta Accentuate the Positive''

Yesterday I shared on Finding Purpose in the Pain about my struggles in the past with worry and negativity. Since Marty has been well, I have struggled less and less as time goes on. This move has brought some of that back to the forefront and I have been fighting the urge to worry about it all. This year my goal is to focus on the positive and eliminate the negative just as the song says.

I got a great response to the blog right away in the morning and went off to work. Then I came home and started packing some more. I really was on cloud nine and then the phone rang, I really am beginning to hate the phone. My friend and new boss Lee called to say his Dad didn't know we had dogs and didn't want to rent to us. We were pretty upset and scrambling to find a new rental with our move coming up in less than two weeks.

Lee felt awful and stayed up late to help direct me to rentals. I stayed up late searching online and trying to find something suitable. My first instinct was..........worry, after all my writing and promising I went back to worry. 

I spent a lot of time in prayer and meditation last night. Thinking back on the past and how everything has always worked out for our family. I was pretty teary today as I worked, praying the whole day for peace and calm. Being in that place of worry that I had let go of wasn't a good feeling. It felt awful and I realize just how bad it is to worry. My faith was being tested and put to the test, was I willing to stand behind what I wrote and put it to the test? It is hard but the only thing to do. I cannot worry about tomorrow or the future. 

Everything has always worked out and we've never had any reason to believe otherwise. Came home, got ready to focus in and make headway and the phone rang. Lee called with good news and bad news, I said give me the bad news first. Bad news our rent goes up, good news we get to rent the house!! 

Relief with a capital R! I also got leads on other rentals in case anything else comes up or we find something better. I am so thankful to have that off our plate and have a place to go.

Now I am back to my learning not to worry. I surely don't want to feel the way I did today and remember why I don't like that place. Everything always works out in the end.

Focusing on the positive is so much better than worrying. Cutting out the negative makes such a difference and is worth the effort. Doing it is hard but worth it in the long run.

Today I've been singing this song in my head. Truly a favorite and my mantra for 2013