Sunday, August 25, 2013

Love Your Friend Day

''I love you friends, you mean the world to me and when you hurt, I hurt too''


Recently many friends have come to me sharing heavy burdens. It seems like one after another friends are struggling through rough times. My heart has been very heavy laden lately from the sadness around me from friends. I am so thankful to be able to share in their burdens and help make their load a little lighter.

Proverbs 18:24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
    but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
As I have my prayer time each day, the list seems to grow longer and longer. Thankfully my own prayer list is very short and it is my pure joy to pray for my friends. Last year I had two friends that I was committed to praying for on different journeys. One finished her journey while another one continued on her journey. Earlier this year, I commited to praying for a friend daily as their job called them out of the country. It has been a joy to pray for this friend each morning and be a supporter.

Being a sounding board, listener and friend is truly one of my callings in life. It is one of the things I love the most and enjoy doing. Sometimes it is really easy and sometimes it is really hard. Right now, with so many I love struggling, it is a hard time. One where I can feel the full weight of the burdens and my heart is heavy. This song really speak for my heart for my friends right now





Friends, I am so thankful for each of you. I am privileged to have so many wonderful friends in life. I decided today that I would tell you each I love you. There are so many of you, that would take me weeks to do on an individual basis. So I am sending a giant hug, love and prayers for those who need them.

I would love prayer in return for strength to help carry the burdens for others.
Romans 12:12 ''Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.''

Praying for my friend's health crisis, friends with ill parents, friends with struggles at home, friends looking for new jobs, friends making big decisions, friends struggling with loved ones, and for friends that are well and happy.
 photo d8ea72a1-c867-40d1-8494-0f118636c8f2_zps4b810387.jpg
Inscription found in a hiding place of Jews during the holocaust