Friday, November 13, 2009

Gramie's Famous Rigatoni


When I was a little girl, my Gramie would always make this for me. I would beg for it for birthdays and special occasions. The best rigatoni recipe in my book and something she never shared. Too good not to share.

Gramie's rigatoni
1lb stew meat
1lb sausage (1/2 sweet, 1/2 hot)
2 shakes dry parsley
1/2 onion
1 pkg dry spaghetti sauce mix
2 cans tomato paste(save one can to add 5 cans of water)
2 small cans of tomato sauce
1 can mushroom pieces
1 box of rigatoni noodles
Grated Romano cheese
Directions
Add small amount of oil to cover bottom of pan. Add meat,sausage,onion,parsley flakes. Simmer meat until liquid cooks down and meat browns. Add tomato paste,water,tomato sauce,spaghetti sauce mix. Simmer. Add mushroom pieces. Boil noodles,drain and cover with romano cheese and add to meat and sauce. Serve and you will surely enjoy.