Tuesday, August 3, 2010

How hard can it be?

This month held the birthday's of two of my closest friends. I got them cards to mail them, put them in my purse and went about finding stamps. I didn't want to buy stamps at Costco, who wants to spend 50 dollars on something they rarely use? Even if they are the "forever" stamps.

So I went to Wal-Mart ( I am sorry Di!) to get some and they were all out, no wonder Di tells us not to shop there. So I went to Savemart, they were all out! What is going on? a stamp shortage? a conspiracy against me? I don't know.

Finally this weekend, I went to Savemart again for other items. I figured it was a shot in the dark, but I asked for stamps. The girl gladly charged me for a book, opened her register and found............she was out of stamps! So she calls over to the checker next to her and informs her I need stamps. The next checker opens her till..............she was out of stamps. She passes me on to the checker next to her and she is too busy helping someone but calls someone out to get me stamps. He opens a register.............no till, no stamps. Finally on the last register, he pulls out my elusive book of stamps. I look at him and say, " it's a miracle!" and he gave me a dirty look.

I am convinced, even if I went to the post office itself, they would have been out of stamps!

Post note: So the cards are still in my purse and I am just going to hand deliver them this weekend. This also includes a Father's Day card for my Dad that I never mailed.