Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Conversations with A Non Cycling Fan


My Dad just called and made the mistake of asking me about the Tour. He's a nice dad always wanting to know what is going on in my life. He isn't a cycling fan and only knows what I tell him. After about 10 minutes of me droning on, I think he was done listening. I knew this but didn't stop because I had a lot to say.

My nails have started many conversations. People ask, smile as I explain but after a certain point; their eyes glaze over, they start nodding and a fake smile gets plastered on their face. They regret asking, I know this but unfortunately cannot stop myself. The excitment of the Tour is something I want to share and I want other people to like the sport. This isn't the case in my world.

I've had several conversations on Twitter with others, this response is typical it seems. I don't think any of us are going to stop though, so a word to the non cycling fans............don't ask if you aren't prepared for a 20 minute conversation.