Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Aunt Patty!

Aunt Patty, Aunt Maggie and I

It's my Aunt Patty's birthday. I wrote my other aunt's a blog for their birthday and thought I would do the same for Aunt Patty. Plus, she doesn't have a Facebook and I can't wish her happy birthday there!

  My aunt Patty is one of the hardest working people I know. She has the patience of a saint, she is the most patient person I know. In fact, when I was young she told me to scream and yell into a pillow when I got angry instead of yelling at someone else. She is kind of like Switzerland in our family, always neutral and keeps her opinions to herself. Whenever you need someone to listen, you can count on her. She's a great mom who I look up to as a mother.

One of my favorite memories is driving in the car with her and singing along the song "Rosanna" on the radio. A couple of years ago she came up to visit and taught me how to make the best enchiladas. She also makes the world's best scalloped potatoes. When I got married, she offered to let me wear her wedding dress if I wanted.

She has always been a wonderful cheerleader and supporter.She has the most beautiful hair, she hates it but I am constantly telling people she has the prettiest hair ( I know my Dad envies your hair!) I always love when I get to spend time with her. She is part of the glue that holds our family together. I know she is well loved by all of her nieces and nephews.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Love Julie