Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Busy week

I know it has been a week since I updated, a lot has happened in the past week. Marty and I enjoyed Friday together, our last day in Palo Alto. The weather was sunny and warm the entire time we were there. We stopped by Stacey's to say goodbye to her and the girls. Just a generally good day.

Saturday my cousin Sarah drove the kids from LA to Palo Alto, we hadn't seen them for two weeks.  Poor Sarah had to haul Conner's stash. He had more stuff than we had in the apartment for the two of us. We're all still scratching our heads over the need for a unicycle??? ( I'm sure Andrea will love that!)

On Sunday morning Sarah, the kids, and I toured Stanford. Marty had been there done that and stayed home to relax. We enjoyed seeing the sites at Stanford, there is so much history there which is rare in California. We toured Hoover Tower, a tribute to President Hoover a graduate of Stanford. We enjoyed the breath taking view from the top. We toured the Memorial church which was a stunning piece of old world architecture recrafted in California. Then on to the largest collection of Rodin in North America, even seeing a small version of the Thinker.

Monday morning we went to the doctors, they are pleased with Marty's progress, told us to carefully watch for signs of rejection and sent us on our merry way home. We packed up the apartment, barely fitting our stuff in with Conner's stuff and headed home.

We got home to find our table full of groceries. Our friends from church wanted to make sure our house was stocked and there was no need to go to the store. What a amazing blessing to come home and just be able to relax and get back on track.

We are slowly settling into routine and getting life back in order. It feels so surreal to be home and realize it is all over. Going through a months worth of mail. We did have a little scare that his disability was denied, but good news, I just read the paper wrong and all is fine!

 Weird not needing to do dialysis exchanges. No more waiting for the call to come. It is going to take a long time to process what has happened. We are so thankful to God for healing Marty. Now we begin our new life and waiting to see where God takes us next.