Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grateful heart

A year ago this week, I had a breakdown in a relationship with a member of my family. It was a sad thing, for several years I had tried restoring and improving the relationship to no avail. I kept failing and being hurt by the failure.

I called my close cousins and a few my close friends. I decided it was time to walk away and allow God to heal my hurting heart.

Wow! What a difference a year makes. My heart is full of peace and joy, over filled with love. I learned that attitude and out look make a difference. Nothing has changed but my Outlook and perspectives. The relationship is still gone but I feel peace.

I have what I desire in spades and don't need to chase after someone unwilling to meet me halfway.  It's been really amazing and I wanted to share.

You can't change someone but you can change yourself and your behavior. It works and the peace is amazing. I still have hope someday things might still change, I know that isn't on me to work out and if it doesn't change, I will be okay.