Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy 13th birthday Conner!

Click here to view the 10th birthday slideshow

Where does time go? I can tell you it flies by. One day you are having a baby, the next you are struggling with a curious, mischevious toddler and then BAM! They are a teenager. It really just goes so fast and you really find yourself wanting it all back.  I was talking with a good friend last night and she was saying how emotional birthdays get after your kids hit the teen years. I have been crying since my kids turned ten because I see time slipping away. The scales are now tipped, we are officially on the other side of the parenting world.

The other day we were discussing Conner's math work and where he needed to go. Then I told him, " We only have five years left of school." That really threw me for a loop, five years, five years is nothing! I remember often thinking the first five years of Conner's life went so slow. I often tell people, before Conner was five, I thought I would have a nervous breakdown. He was such a handful! But now the time seems like a drop in the bucket.

If you know him, you love him. He is such a sweet boy, very caring about all of those around him. He is so funny, witty and silly. He literally cracks Marty, E and I up everyday with his "Connerisms" and outlook on life. He has many friends in this world because of his bright outlook on life. I really hope and pray he stays just the way he is the rest of his life. He is our pride and joy! We love him so much.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox