Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Time Machine Tuesday: Things about Me

From 11/16/09 from the posthttp://www.julesmpg.com/2009/11/some-things-about-me-di-did-this-and-i.html

I don't eat baked fruit pies. How un-American is that. ( I really don't eat baked fruit at all. I don't like it)

I don't drink milk.

I have only ever had three jobs.

I was voted "Most likely to cry at the movies" my senior year in high school.

I once rode on the Goodyear blimp.

My parents divorced when I was 13

I have small feet used to wear a five. Since I've had kids now its six and a half.

I am pigeon toed. My mom and sister are also.

I once got blood in my eye and mouth while labor coaching.

When I meet people, the first thing I notice is teeth.

I love old movies

From 11/27/07 ( please note, this was a very dark time in my life and I was super grumpy. I am usually not that ranty but I do believe these things) from the posthttp://www.julesmpg.com/2007/11/i-can-pretend-i-dont-have-work-to-do.html

Things that bug me:

When people treat other people poorly. When someone thinks more highly of themselves than others. Whatever happened to living by the Golden Rule? I always want to Do Unto Others and it is hard when people are mean,ugly, rude, disingenuous, and down right hurtful. It's hard to always be kind, to put others ahead of yourself. Nobody is perfect and we cannot think we are either.

Being late, you want to see me twitch? Make me late and I will shutdown and start twitching.

Lying. The truth may hurt but lies hurt more and do more damage than good.

Spammers, they make my life difficult most days and I wonder why they all come from Russia?

( I really am a people person.....really people I am.)

When I ruin perfectly good new clothes doing housework or cooking. I am so messy and never can keep stain free even if my life depended on it. My childhood nickname was Messy Moose for crying out loud.

Parents who let their children behave badly and feed into it. Do you really thinking giving in will help in the long run? I understand kids being kids and behaving badly. Just allowing it is another thing.

People who take credit for things others have done.

My biggest pet peeve is : People who judge books by their cover. I do not care who you are, what you have done, how much money you have, I only care if you are a good person. I also never judge somebody with someone's else's opinion of them because I want to take the time to see who you are.

My likes:

My faith is my number one important thing to me. MPG stands for Mom Pursuing God.

My husband who still makes me weak in knees after 13 yrs. and is such a strong person. I have learned so much about myself through him and he is really a person I look up to.( now 17 years, through the valley and back and I still feel the same)

My kids who make me laugh everyday and encourage me to be a better person.

Family means a lot to me even if I do not see them everyday.

Women who encourage other women in life. I am so thankful for the many wonderful women I am surrounded by in life and online. They encourage me to be a better person, mother, wife, friend and family member. They teach me things, share their struggles, pain, and joy. This started with my grandmother's and has trickled down to the many wonderful people I call my friend.

Being true to myself and not trying to fit in any mold laid before me. I do not want to live someone else's life I want to live my own life with my own path.

I think that sums things up and I feel better having said it. I just have been holding a lot in lately trying to be strong and I am sure some of this is stress induced. I feel a lot of peace but I am human, and stress gets to all of us at one time or another. I think that about eats up my venting quota for the next month or so.

P.S. I just spoke with the financial coordinator at Stanford and she said the insurance is trying to completely re-direct us somewhere else grrrrr! They are working with the insurance to resolve the problem and they are hopeful for resolution.

As I grow weary from doing NaBloPoMo, these old posts remind me of where I have come from and remind me of why I do this. Remembering while moving forward is my favorite part in life.