Sunday, November 3, 2013

Retreat Weekend

This weekend Elizabeth and I went on a retreat with a few ladies from our church. Springville, Alabama was the locale for this retreat. At first, truthfully I wasn't envisioning the place we ended up or that Alabama could be so beautiful. Good thing, I was wrong and the place was gorgeous, we enjoyed basking in the lovely fall weather while hearing great speakers. It was fun to make my first trip to Alabama and learn it is a pretty place after all.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:









Elizabeth and I went paddle boating. I only fell out at the end and into the lake!

Going in circles on the lake

My friend Melanie and I on the swing




Elizabeth and Melanie

After a long week of classroom learning, it was nice to get away for the weekend and relax. Looking forward to returning next year to enjoy this beautiful place. Life is good!