Tuesday, November 12, 2013

That Anne Girl

Today my post comes from a prompt from The Daily Post , a site set up by Blogher for those participating in NaBloPoMo. This is my first time ever using one of their prompts, this year I am struggling for filler post ideas and seeking originality. Any input and constructive criticism welcome.

Today's prompt:
Tell us about a favorite character from film, theater, or literature, with whom you’d like to have a heart-to-heart. What would you talk about?

There is a girl and her name is Anne,I fell in love with her when I was twelve years old and she's owned a piece of my heart ever since.


anne of green gables photo: Anne of Green Gables Anneavitar.jpg

Her red hair, fiery temper, and indomitable spirit have inspired girls for for generations. Her fierce love for her bosom friend Diana Barry has made girls want to have their own bosom friend just like Diana. Anne's way of finding ''kindred spirits'' in life has always made me look for my own kindred spirits.


anne of green gables photo:  AOGGblog48.jpg

Her love of fancy dresses with puffed sleeves always made me want my own dress with puffy sleeves
Am I ashamed to say I threw a fit for this dress? I love my puffed sleeves
Of course her love of books and poetry have helped many girls love books, poems and flair for the dramatic side of life. Who didn't want to give a reading at White Sands like Anne did?

Then there is her relationship with Gilbert Blythe. Truthfully, I always felt so sorey ( mispelling on purpose) for poor Gil and his unrequited love of Anne. My favorite parts of the books and movies are the parts with Anne and Gil together. A love for the ages like Darcy and Elizabeth and many other characters before them.


Who didn't want a house with green shutters on the windows? I always wanted to live on Prince Edward Island and in Green Gables. Anne helped create a love of all things nature and nicknaming things!



For me the best of all are the words written by L.M Montgomery in the books. I love quoting the character of Anne, I identify so much with her thoughts and ideas. I memorized the books and often have an Anne quote at the ready.Here are a few of my favorites:

"Tomorrow is a new day, fresh with no mistakes in it''

“It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy

 things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” 

“There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes

think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just 

the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, 

but then it wouldn't be half so interesting.” 


Really I could just quote all of the books to you. Instead,I share one or two a week on Twitter and Facebook.

I would love to sit down to tea in Marilla's dining room with Anne. I would drink Raspberry Cordial, not eat the pudding and ask her a million questions. I wouldn't really have to ask her much, I would listen to her prattle on and share. We all know her so well because she tells us about herself throughout the books.

She made me learn that you can overcome, you can succeed, girls are just as smart as boys, don't compromise yourself for anyone, love deeply, make friends, just be yourself and don't care about who is watching. 

Oh yeah and dresses with puffed sleeves rock!


If you have NEVER read the Anne of Green Gables books, then shame on you. The good news is that you can read them for free now days, so here is a link to get you started. You will not be sorey