Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Before the morning

Two weeks ago, we were before the morning. Today, two friends told me the same thing, "It feels great to be on this side of transplant." It truly does, it still really hasn't sunk in yet. I still have a hard time believing it really happened and we are here. It feels almost unreal at times.

We have been taking walks and really just being. We haven't been doing much each day, but resting and relaxing.  I have started the process of turning the blog into a book. I am going to call it "Before The Morning" after a song that gave us hope during the dark times.

We are so thankful to God for his mercy and faithfulness. These are the words that kept Marty going, these are the words that gave him hope. Perfect to share on the two week anniversary. We are singing a new song today. One of joy, hope, peace and amazement.

Psalm 40:1-3

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; 
   he turned to me and heard my cry. 
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, 
   out of the mud and mire; 
he set my feet on a rock 
   and gave me a firm place to stand. 
3 He put a new song in my mouth, 
   a hymn of praise to our God. 
Many will see and fear the LORD 
   and put their trust in him.